Three weeks ago we sent out a link to a survey regarding this year’s WICed Fest Snowboard Trip. We were very happy to get responses from 21 people. Without further babbling, here are the highlights:
- Over half of you (52%) were interested in doing a trip out west (cost-dependent)!
- The sweet spot for a trip cost (not including airfare) was $1,000 (42%) with 38% of you saying you want to spend less than $1,000.
- There was no particular preference between lodging accommodations
- A whopping 95% of you said we don’t need to be slopeside (That surprised me!)
2012 Trip Details
All the information gathered off the survey in addition to numerous hours doing research has resulted in a decision for the 2012 WICed Fest Snowboard Trip location. It is with much excitement that we announce the WICed Fest is going west of the Mississippi this year! And, we’ve kept the trip cost (minus airfare) under $1,000!
Here’s the details:
- Location: Snowmass Colorado
- Arrival: March 1, 2012 (Thursday)
- Ride: March 2 – 5, 2012
- Departure: March 6th (Tuesday)
- Cost: $800/person (includes five nights lodging and four day lift ticket)
- Lodging: That’s still TBD. For sake of planning sanity, we’re going to work on the premise that we’re staying in a hotel – Pokolodi Lodge – which is right near the lifts. There’s a two person per room requirement here. If we have enough people, we may move to the Woodbrige Condominimums which would provide us with the amenities of a house (kitchen for cooking, etc). This move would save us a few bucks on food and would also decrease the trip cost by about $15 per person.
- Travel: Like every other WICed Fest, it’s up to the attendee on how they get there. We have a travel agent we’re working with who would definitely help you out (and may be able to get reduced fares), but it will be up to each individual to plan their own travel. For what it’s worth, we’ve found that flying into Denver from the New York area costs about $300 and flying into Aspen costs about $600. Denver, however, is a 3-4 hour drive to Aspen. Also, flying into Vail may be a little cheaper and it’s about a 1.5 hour drive. Costs from the Boston, Providence and Baltimore areas seem to be on par with these numbers.
Quick Response Required!
We need to act quickly on this trip. We already have three people confirmed, but we need to make our lodging decision ASAP. That decision will be made once we have confirmation of how many people are going on the trip.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Contact Dan by Tuesday, September 20th and let him know if you are going on the trip or are at least seriously considering it.
- Send as much of the $800 (minimum $400) by October 1, 2011. Payment information will be sent in a follow-up email later next week.
- If you’re definitely NOT going on the trip, please contact Dan as well and we will make sure you are off distribution for this year’s trip.
OK, that’s enough for now. Enjoy the beautiful fall weather and make sure you get back to us as soon as possible! We’re looking forward to making this year’s trip one to remember!
All the best,